Welcome to Victory Sports Medicine & Orthopedics!
Thank you for choosing us for your orthopedic and rehabilitation needs. Our compassionate medical team is dedicated to getting you back to health as quickly and efficiently as possible. We appreciate that having an injury and visiting a medical office can be frightening or create anxiety. Rest assured that we will make every effort to make you feel comfortable while providing the best possible care and service during your appointment.
The information below provides general suggestions, tips, and tools to help you get the most out of your appointment. So that we can best serve you, please review the information in preparation for your visit with us. If, for any reason, you have questions or need assistance please call us at 315-685-7544.
Medical Information for Current Injury or Condition
If you have been evaluated or treated for your current injury or condition by another healthcare provider, please contact their office at least one week prior to your appointment, if possible, to request a copy of all medical records, imaging (X-Ray, MRI, CT Scan) and lab test results pertaining to your condition or injury be sent directly to our office (fax# 315-685-7549). Please confirm that we have received them prior to your appointment. For X-Ray and MRI images taken at another facility please bring them with you on a CD/DVD.
Friendly Appointment Reminders
Two days prior to your scheduled appointment, we will send you a friendly, automated reminder by email, text or phone call. The reminder will provide options to confirm (or reschedule) your appointment date and time.
The message includes important information regarding how many minutes (typically 20-30) you should arrive in advance of your scheduled appointment time. This time is very important and is used for completing patient forms, reviewing insurance information, receiving an X-Ray and/or other tests and helps ensure that you will see your provider at the scheduled appointment time.
We value your privacy and follow HIPAA regulations with respect to your medical information. In order to receive appointment reminders we will need you to sign an acknowledgement form indicating that you have reviewed and understand our privacy practices. The form provides a section for you to tell us how we may communicate your appointment information to you. For your convenience, we offer multiple options to receive appointment reminders by email, text and phone or you can choose all three. You can also download a free appointment reminder app for both Apple and Android devices. This is especially helpful when there are multiple, recurring orthopedic or physical therapy appointments.
If You Can't Make It
Please call 315-685-7544 at least 24 hours in advance to reschedule or cancel your appointment
Please note, any appointment not kept or cancelled/rescheduled with less than 24- hour notice is subject to a $25 fee ($50 for MRI appointments).
The following list will help you prepare for your appointment at Victory Sports Medicine & Orthopedics. Please take the time to plan ahead so that you get the most out of your visit.
- Photo Identification – please bring valid photo identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Please bring insurance and/or Medicare cards
- Call your insurance company to verify your co-pays, co-insurance, deductible and pre-authorization requirement
- New Patient Forms – Complete and sign new patient forms and bring them with you to your appointment
- Current List of All Medications – Please bring a complete list of all medications you are currently taking, including any prescribed medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, over-the-counter medications. The list should include the name of the medication, dosage, the frequency that you take the medication, and the reason for the medication. Also, be sure to include any medications you are allergic to.
- Payment – please bring payment for co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles or unpaid balance. Payments are expected at the time of service.
- Dress Comfortably – We recommend that you dress in comfortable clothing appropriate for your appointment. If you have a leg, knee, hip or ankle problem please bring or wear shorts. For shoulder injuries, females please bring or wear a tank top.
- Describe Your Injury – Be prepared to tell your doctor how and when you injured yourself. Jot down any specific details such as what you felt or heard at the time.
- Questions? – Make a list of any questions you may have and bring them to your appointment
What to Expect During Your First Appointment
As an integrated healthcare team at Victory Sports Medicine & Orthopedics, we utilize all of the latest minimally invasive techniques, conservative treatment plans and advanced technologies to get you back to health as quickly as possible. Our entire team of physician, providers, physical therapists, athletic trainers, nurses, radiology technicians are all in one facility and are in constant communication about your treatment plan and progress.
During your initial consultation we will review your medical history and perform a comprehensive physical examination and evaluation of your problem and symptoms. We will assess your your injury or condition, including range-of-motion, swelling, muscle & soft tissue weakness and any instability or abnormality present. This may be followed by additional diagnostic exams, such as blood tests, X-rays, or other images.
For most orthopedic conditions and injuries there may be more than one form of treatment. For this reason, we will discuss treatment options with you to mutually determine the plan best suited to your health and lifestyle.
How Much Time Should I Plan For
Our comprehensive appointments typically take between 1 to 1 1/2 hours for the total visit. Please plan accordingly.
Potential Wait Times – We value your time and will do everything we can to see you at your scheduled appointment time. However, comprehensive, personalized care doesn’t always follow definitive time schedules. Some situations may require more time than originally planned due the complexity or seriousness of the injury or condition. We appreciate your patience and understanding when this occurs.